Monday, April 9, 2012

28 Weeks

And gravity is starting to get the best of me. I'm surprised I haven't plopped over, belly first, in the middle of the grocery store check out line. It sure is easy to gain weight pregnant, so I've been trying to stay active. Joon took this picture while out on a walk the day he left. I am smiling in the photo, but I was pretty upset about him leaving. I also need to admit that, seriously, the hoodie does not fit anymore.


How far along? 28 weeks!
How is she growing: She feels like a 10 lb bag of potatoes, but think she's more like an x-large chipotle burrito. okay, maybe two x-large chipotle burritos.
Weight gain so far: hmm, between the freshly baked biscuits and the midday cookie breaks, I've hit almost 22 lbs! Oh little girl, why oh why don't you like broccoli?!
Stretch marks? So far so good...the real test will be over the coming weeks.
Belly button in or out: Flat. Totally flat.
Wardrobe situation: So first it was my jeans that were becoming inappropriate and I fixed that problem by finally hemming my maternity pants. Now, as is clearly illustrated in above picture, my tops and sweatshirts are creeping up my belly and exposing what my 9th grade Algebra teacher would consider "far too much skin for a girl my age." So, now I must give up my little tees and tanks that so cutely hugged my 5th - 7th month bump for the real deal maternity tops. Thank goodness fashion has finally caught up with the 21st century mom and I do not have to resort to my grandmother's maternity closet:


Sleep: Baby girl still keeps me up like crazy...almost as much as trips to the bathroom and leg cramps.
Best moment this week: Ooo...this one is tough since I have hardly seen the light of day with so much grant writing. I suppose getting our first baby gift in the mail from my cousin...it's really starting to feel like the birth of our daughter is right around the corner.
Movement: She is still moving around like crazy, but I can tell things are getting a little cramped in there.
Food cravings/aversions: Pound cake. pound cake. pound cake. And fresh strawberries.
What I miss: My husband! And my abs...long, long, gone. I do hope they decide to return someday.
Mood: Pretty happy most days...well, the days I have pound cake.
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing this grant, seeing Joon next week, and taking maternity pictures with my favorite photographer, Ayumi!

1 comment:

  1. Baby seems to be doing a great job at training you for the soon-to-come 3am feedings! And pound cake and strawberrie sound sooo good, even though I don't have a little human living inside of me...yet. Just kidding!

    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete