Sunday, June 17, 2012

39.5 Weeks

And I wonder if this pregnancy will ever end. Though my doctor assured me that, at some point, they all come out. I am a little skeptical.

My husband took this shadow picture during one of our evening "come on baby...drop!" walks.
How far along? 39.5 weeks!
How is she growing: As my OB says, she's "good size" (apparently a little bigger than average)...I am hoping she clocks in under 8lbs.
Weight gain so far: About 33 lbs...and I was so proud of myself this morning when I turned down cream biscuits and jam.  For pancakes. Wait, that probably doesn't really work, huh? dang.
Stretch marks? So shocked the answer is still no...especially since everyone says my belly is gigantic.
Belly button in or out: Still no where to be found...
Wardrobe situation: I think the past two days I've only managed to feel comfortable in a pair of underwear and my husband's black t-shirts. Maternity clothes at this point are kind of a joke.
Sleep: Sleeping okay, but definitely fighting some mid-night contractions.
Best moment this week: Spending time with joon...so nice to have him home. And seeing one of my best friends get married! :)
Movement: Less movement this week, but still my little fighter.
Food cravings/aversions: I had a huge pizza and ranch dressing craving earlier this week--and it was just as delicious as I imagined. Fruit is still number one though and I'm sure my digestive system thanks me.
What I miss: I should not admit this, but I kind of miss work. haha. or maybe it's the people I work with that I miss :).
Mood: Last night I threw a huge fit because I found a spider in our bed and I refused to go to sleep until the spider was found. If that says anything. My poor husband.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl. Please come soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitie! You're so close to the end of this amazing trip and the start of another one (even more amazing)!
    I remember how anxious I was during the days after my due date (Alejandro decided to come one week later than expected), and I remember the long evening walks...
    I have enjoyed so much reading this blog (I actually think I will do the same during my next pregnancy!), I've felt so close to you even though we're so far apart, and I hope you will keep posting as a new mum. By the way, have you ever had a look at my blog? It's www.cottoncloud.blogspot.com
    I wish you "a short hour" (I've just translated a Spanish expression, it means I wish your labour is short and easy!) and I'm really looking forward to seeing Natalie's little face, so tell Kieran to keep me posted!
    Big hugs from Spain! (yeah, like I could hug you right now, haha!)

    ReplyDelete