Saturday, March 10, 2012

25 Weeks

...and two weeks shy of third trimester status :). Can't believe how quickly time has flown by. Seems only a few days ago when I walked into our bedroom at 4am with a positive pregnancy test (my impatience seems so obvious at times). "Is that really a plus sign?!" I asked my incredibly tired, weary-eyed husband. We stared at it for what seemed like hours, holding it at different angles under the light doubting what we were actually seeing. I can still remember how unbelievable it was to make it to our 12 week appointment and hear her heartbeat, now her kicks and squirms are constant reminders that she is growing and thriving everyday.
Lucas and I taking a walk by the capitol this morning. I never realized how beautiful the grounds are in March as the trees and flowers begin to bloom...it was almost like walking the yellow brick road.
How far along? 25 weeks!
How is she growing: Size of a grilled pork banh mi!
Weight gain so far: Between 12 and 13 lbs
Stretch marks? None so far. I've been better about applying the belly butter this past week. I do have to say though, my tummy skin changes colors all the time--especially around my belly button...one day it's red and blotchy, the next it looks almost purple...I think naked maternity pictures are out.
Belly button in or out: hmmm...it's slowing folding itself out as my belly expands, so everyday I see a little bit more of what the inside of my belly button really looks like. Besides being a bit creepy, I have a feeling someone squished my umbilical cord stub with a tight diaper when I was a newborn and created a rather asymmetrical, convoluted inside. I wonder who I should thank for this...
Wardrobe situation: I admit that in the picture my jeans look like the ones I've been trying to retain for the past 6 weeks, and it's true, I used the rubber-band trick today. If this says anything, I promptly changed into sweats the moment I got home. So, as I said last week...no mint chocolate chip ice cream for 2 days. This restriction will definitely find me at the tailors in no time.
Sleep: Baby girl still wakes up quite a bit throughout the night, but it's been a little more erratic this past week. Leg cramps have subsided somewhat, but with the exit of leg cramps have entered back and shoulder aches. Really miss Joon's mid-night massages.
Best moment this week: Winning a Dean's Award for my work in residency education and community engagement for the university :)! Although these ivory tower events have never really been my thing, it was nice to be recognized.
Movement: Baby girl is up most mornings when I am eating breakfast (Cherrios with blueberries and orange juice really get her squirming) and in the late afternoons to let me know she's getting hungry again. I've started to notice more kicks throughout the day when I'm moving around, so she must be getting stronger. Good to know she is practicing for soccer tryouts already.
Food cravings/aversions: Olallieberry scones with Devonshire cream--thank you Fox and Goose for indulging me this weekend :).
What I miss: BBQ tuna and Bob's roll from Mikuni (MJ, can we please go the moment I exit L & D??)
Mood: Happy and really enjoying the 2nd trimester. Glucose results in next week, hope all okay. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up mint chocolate chip ice cream and my weekly trips to Freeport Bakery.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing Joon on March 22nd! So excited he will be joining us for my 30th and staying for a whole week!

4 comments:

  1. Aaah, I remember Mikuni! First time I had sushi ever! It was also for me one of the things I missed the most when I was pregnant!
    Take care. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Glad to know I'm not alone! :) When you come to California, I will definitely take you there again. besos

      Delete
  2. Yes! Absolutely! I am always up for Bob's roll :) Wish I was there to walk around the beautiful capitol grounds and feel Natalie kicking!

    ReplyDelete