Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Purpose

I wanted to find a way to document the journey of our first baby and although I've never been a slave to the social networks of the world wide web (really, I sometimes can't believe I've managed without facebook), I decided beginning a simple blog might be a good way to keep the ball rolling.  I've tried pictures books, journals and scrapbooks in the past, but most end up with a last entry from 2002 or a picture with a half written story (and now I can't remember what happened!).  At one point I tried to collect all of my memorabilia from a year abroad in Spain with the intent of creating a beautifully crafted scrapbook. It is still sitting, dust-covered in my memory box from 2003 with only one page complete (an outing to the local theater). In other words, I have a lot of trouble holding myself accountable for things I set my mind to (well, the stuff other people don't see). Which is why I thought a blog would be a good way to keep me in line.  I imagine my only follower will be my husband, but even with just one person checking in my need for extrinsic approval will activate and force me to my computer more than once every 5 - 10 years for an update.



My husband and I were married in July at a small ceremony in San Francisco City Hall.  I was never the kind of person who thought much about weddings and marriage, so I didn't disappoint myself when we opted for the $200 city hall ceremony in lieu of the $30,000 glamorous affair. Plus, how many people can say they were married in the exact same place as Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio? Unfortunately, however, he will be moving in the next few weeks to Southern California and I will not be joining him until after the baby is born.  So, I figured this might also be a good way to keep him updated in real time. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a blogger! I absolutely adore your wedding photos. You and Chris look stunning! Your wedding pictures really do belong in a wedding magazine!
    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...maybe one of those free wedding magazines! Thanks Bao! Your comments always brighten my day.

      Delete
  2. No way! Your pictures belong on the cover of "Brides".

    ReplyDelete