Wednesday, February 8, 2012

21 Weeks Strong

I was surprised at how well I handled my husband leaving this morning. I expected to be an absolute mess, soaked in tears and unable to hold back my desire to pathetically beg him to stay.  Instead, as if I was overcome by either too much confidence or too much emotion, I resorted to an almost stoic state...nearly fist-bumping him to farewell. Then a couple of hours later, as if storm clouds suddenly covered the sun, it hit me that he had really gone. Frantically, I tried to distract myself with work emails, cleaning, and organizing...the second picture should give you a better idea of what I accomplished in an hour after returning home from work. Too early! my mother would say, but it kept my emotions at bay, even if just a short while. Everyday will get easier and he is just a train/plane/automobile ride away.  Here is our last shot before he left at 20.5 weeks:


And here was tonight's distraction:

4 comments:

  1. Who's that handsome man kissing your belly? He must be the luckiest man alive!!! I'm on the phone with you right now, but I put you on hold just so I can comment on your outstanding blog. Thanks for being so good at keeping it up to date :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cait! I'm Cristina (in case you don't recognize the nickname). Kieran told me you're expecting and I couldn't wait to have a look at your blog! I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad you had this idea because it sucks to be so far and this way at least I can follow you! Huge hugs from Spain! :)
    P.S. You look gorgeous with that round belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Cristina! No lo puedo crear! Que tal? Como esta la familia?! So wonderful to hear from you. I would love to see pics of your little one and marido :). I can't believe I'm married and having a baby in just a few short months. Time flies when you decide to grow up! Te echo de menos!

      Delete
  3. So great to hear from you too! I love that picture of your wedding, you both look amazing! It's true time goes by so fast, it seems like yesterday when you were here in Spain... And now we both are married and having kids! Of course I'll send you some pics, tell me your email address and it's done! Yo tambiƩn te echo de menos Cata!

    ReplyDelete