Friday, February 17, 2012

On the morning train to LA...

...In my head I wanted that to sound more like "Midnight Train to Georgia", but "LA" doesn't quite flow like the original track. But here I am, on a morning/midday train to the City of Angels to visit my dear sister and brother in law and, of course, my darling joon. Although I rather enjoy the convenience of trains (now equipped with wifi, which, to me, means stories about long lost loves and missed opportunities to purchase life-size robots on credit from the guy next to me happen much less often), I find I am less productive than I predicted and spend most of the time looking out my passenger window and daydreaming.  However, since today is a work day, I stopped myself quickly after the sun rose over the horizon and made an attempt at being productive.  Here is a picture I took of the sunrise over the San Joaquin Valley--sadly, it's the smog that makes it beautiful...


On a sidenote: train bathrooms are NOT made for pregnant women. If I were any more pregnant, not only would I not fit through the door, but I would easily be pushing my belly against the walls that confine the bathroom as I attempted to relieve myself. In this case, I honestly think a urinal would have been 100x more comfortable. 

Look out for the 22 week shot this weekend. Planning a hike to the Hollywood sign tomorrow morning; in the off chance I actually make it there, should make for a cool belly picture. I have a pretty good feeling I will be too big to even fit in the "O". Till then. Hope you are all well. Can't wait to see you joon! xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing that 22 week shot at the Hollywood sign, even if that means Kieran and David have to carry you the last part of the hike (sorry guys ;p)
    Have a fun weekend! Big kisses for you all!

    ReplyDelete