Thursday, February 23, 2012

22 Weeks

So I'm a few days late for my update, began week 23 yesterday--though technically, if I think really hard about it, I am just now 22 full weeks, right? I suppose that would happen at the end of the 22nd week. huh. This baby stuff is all very confusing. Anyway, have some sad news--no hike through the smog to the HOLLYWOOD sign :(! My sister's friend (the organizer) had a last minute meeting with a client and called off the hike. So instead of going on the health-promoting 50 minute ascend, my husband and I went to Melrose for a yummy breakfast of french toast...battered, dipped in cornflakes and grilled (to perfection!). It was heaven on a plate. A fabulous way to ring in week 22...
Picture taken at my husband's cafe. The scale shows how much our baby girl weighs already--she's getting so big! We're so excited to meet her in just a few short months!
How far along? 22 weeks!
How is she growing: Almost a pound and a half!
Weight gain so far: 10 lbs (well, from the weight I lost in the first trimester--thank you morning sickness, makes the number more like 16 lbs--thank you red vines)
Stretch marks? None so far. I am addicted to my Bella B Honey Tummy Butter, but I have a feeling it won't make a difference either way. 
Belly button in or out: still in.
Wardrobe situation: I really need to let go of my favorite jeans, the rubber band trick went from "great idea" to "indecent exposure"...I think next week I will finally be hemming my maternity jeans. I can still pull off some of my t-shirts, but looking at this picture that also seems debatable.
Sleep: Outside of excruciating leg cramps halfway through the night, sleeping pretty well. Just miss my husband by my side.
Best moment this week: spending time with Joon, my sister, and brother-in-law this past weekend.
Movement: ...and lots of it! She does go through phases--some days she's super active and some days she's pretty quiet. Seeing and feeling her acrobatics from the outside is pretty amazing.
Food cravings/aversions: Sweets! Anything with sugar makes me drool these days. I wasn't so great at ignoring the bowl of skittles on the reception desk in my office a few weeks ago, but I'm doing a lot better now--I actually ate a salad! Vegetables are still pretty unattractive, but outside of that, have not had many aversions.
What I miss: Sushi, soft cheeses, and medium-rare steak--All of my favorite foods seem to fall on the no-no list for pregnancy. I'm already planning my meals for after baby girl arrives--I have a scary feeling most of my weight gain may come in the couple weeks after she arrives. I will really need to learn some self control. 
Mood: happy, anxious for her arrival, and sometimes sad when I think about how far away my husband is and that he's missing watching her grow.  I guess that's where the blog comes in :).
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing Joon again in March and holding our baby girl in June!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love to read your blog! Pregnancy is such an adventure and I'm happy I can share a bit of what you're feeling! And that picture is great; you look amazing, the idea of showing baby girl's weight in the scale is really cute and I love the decoration of East Borough, hopefully someday we can have a coffee there... :)
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm trying to keep up with it. So far so good :). And yes, please come have cafe sua da (Vietnamese coffee) with me at East Borough soon! You are so missed! besos.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful picture! Love the blog and the pictures. I didn't realize the baby had taken up so much of your closet space already...jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete