Wednesday, February 1, 2012

20 Week Ultrasound

Today we had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound. Not the most comfortable procedure I've experienced, however I believe it had something to do with me misunderstanding the amount of fluid I was supposed to intake prior to the visit...apparently the goal was 32oz and I managed to down 64. So I learned the hard way that an extremely full bladder and an extremely annoyed baby do not mix. Yes, ouch. Regardless, the technician was able to get measurements of everything. Not with a smile on her face, that's for sure, but I suppose 8am is a little too early to be warm and peppy for most people. Baby girl measured in at 14oz (already!), putting her in the 80th percentile for weight.  I guess she is the one that's been getting most of the calories in all those Red Vines I've been eating. She has nice long legs (she must take after my sisters--lucky girl!) and a big fat tummy. The technician said a big tummy is a good thing, means she's getting everything she needs. She is already head down, really seems to like the space in my lower right abdomen, directly under the placenta--which by the looks of the ultrasound has functioned as a very comfortable Tempur-Pedic pillow for her. We won't get the official results until our Friday appointment, but things look good from what we could tell. Here are a few photos from this morning:




 

Joon leaves in a few days, having such a hard time thinking of him leaving. And pregnancy hormones do not help one bit--I seem to cry at everything, from paper towel commercials to writing this right now. It's pathetic. Someday, Joon, hope you can forgive me for being such a basket case. Love you.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE picture #4--Baby is already giving you kisses! Such a smart girl! And it's completely normal to cry at absolutely nothing. When I was pregnant with Ken I cried for over an hour after watching on informerical on hungry children in Africa. Completely normal!

    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--an it comes out of nowhere! I'm surprised I didn't break down when my stapler was stolen the other day--okay, I admit, I was pretty close. haha.

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHAHAHA! You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now!

      Delete