Wednesday, May 9, 2012

33 Weeks

And baby girl is really packing on the pounds. She's like those growing dinosaur toys we had as kids that when you put them in water, they expanded to 200x their original size. We really did have such simple amusements back in those days. On another note, Joon met me in SF this weekend for a Birthing From Within class. The class was super helpful and although it prepared me for "what to expect," I'm still feeling rather overwhelmed with the actual labor and delivery part. Since I have decided not to have an epidural, regardless of induction or no induction, I am a little more than terrified to dive into these uncharted waters.  Of course I say this all now, and won't be shocked if during transitional labor I find myself choking the doctor and screaming, "Give me the juice!" Okay, okay, here is our 33 week shot:


And here we are in the exact same spot, 10 months earlier...crazy, right?!


How far along? 33 weeks!
How is she growing: Weighs in at about 4.5 lbs--the size of a giant melon. 
Weight gain so far: 26 lbs and counting...I step on the scale again Friday and I have a feeling I'm getting close to 30 lbs. In fact, joon and I weighed ourselves and I'm about 10 lbs shy of trading jeans with him.
Stretch marks? Nope! Woot! Woot!
Belly button in or out: An outie all the way.
Wardrobe situation: Growing out of my maternity clothes is not only getting expensive, I am resorting only to the clothing items that fit, which really makes for some interesting outfits. Did you know lime green and navy match?
Sleep: I'm EXHAUSTED, but can only sleep about one hour at a time before my baby girl or my bladder wakes me up with a killer braxton hick's contraction.
Best moment this week: Taking Birthing From Within class with Joon. Here is a picture from the art session:
 
Center pictures: "Womb with a View"; Outside pictures: "The Opening"
Movement: Still my little ninja.
Food cravings/aversions: Fruit--mangos and kiwis. Really not liking eggs anymore.
What I miss: My body...don't get me wrong, I love feeling our baby, but I really miss being held close by my husband and sleeping on my belly. I think that's one of the first things I will do after I deliver, just lay on my belly for hours (haha, like I will have hours to lay down with a newborn).
Mood: Things have been pretty hard lately without my husband. I hope they get better soon.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our little one and being a family again.

2 comments:

  1. I love the city hall pic! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Make sure Chris tapes your drawings on the delivery room wall...any distraction in the delivery room is good.
    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete