Tuesday, May 22, 2012

35 Weeks

And apparently my new nickname is "watermelon."  Last weekend I stopped by a health fair at a local barbershop and one of the patients started calling me "watermelon." "Hey, watermelon, come over here," he said. So, now a growing number of people at my work are now calling me "watermelon." I'd have to say, it's hard to argue with them. I decided for my 35 week picture I would do a comparison shot from week 22. Here I am in my EB t-shirt at 22 weeks and now at 35 weeks...wow. Watermelon is right.



How far along? 35 weeks!
How is she growing: About the size of a juicy summer watermelon.
Weight gain so far: 29 lbs! 
Stretch marks? Nothing yet. I just ordered more Bella B Tummy Honey Butter. I go through this stuff like pound cake.
Belly button in or out: An outie for sure and you can now see it through my t-shirts. Attractive.
Wardrobe situation: Really really need that pair of pajama jeans. I found some boxers that are too big for my husband and they truly have been a lifesaver this week. If it were up to me, I'd, without hesitation, go about my day in a roomy sports-bra and large boxers from old navy. But apparently that's inappropriate...even on casual Friday.
Sleep: Just exhausted...super super exhausted. I get really tired now just driving the 10 minutes to work. Somewhat surprised I make it through the 8-hour work day.
Best moment this week: Watching Lucas play with my nephew, Liam. He was so sweet with him, I was reassured he will be good with Natalie too...as long as he doesn't try to sit in her lap :). 


Movement: A ton of movement the past couple of days. Feel like she's burrowing her way into my pelvis. Which means even more frequent bathroom breaks.
Food cravings/aversions: Forced myself to eat eggs this morning for some protein, but they have definitely made my aversion list. Really missing my love of vegetables, can't wait to get my taste back for salad and broccoli. But, on the bright side, still loving every kind of fruit and manage to get in 4 - 6 servings a day. 
What I miss: Just me...missing my old self. I think I've cried enough in the last couple of weeks to last me for the next couple of years.
Mood: The last few weeks have been challenging for joon and I. We both seem to want the same thing: to feel more connected. But, with his schedule and my exhaustion, its been hard to make that happen. We decided, not matter what, we're sticking together if any kind of move comes up for one of us in the future. I am a fan of this decision.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my husband this weekend and watching my brother graduate from high school! Congrats--go Mustangs! :)

2 comments:

  1. Watermelon! Love it! And I'm all for voting in the sports bra and boxers look for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute belly! Can't wait to meet her!

    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete