Monday, May 14, 2012

34 Weeks

And our little ninja baby is getting stronger and stronger everyday. She's really running out of room in there, and by the strength of her blows, there isn't much amniotic fluid left either. Only about a month before baby girl joins our family, can't wait to sign cards with "Love, The Caos"--wait, that looks a lot like we just misspelled "chaos"...haha, which may, in fact, be more accurate once we become a family of four.



How far along? 34 weeks!
How is she growing: About the size of a basketball (and I have the picture to prove it!). Despite what could have been perfect timing, sadly, we will not be cheering on our Rockets this year :(.  
Weight gain so far: Almost 30 lbs! Everyone says "It's all baby!", which I think they mean as a compliment, but all I can think is "It better not be all baby!".
Stretch marks? Nope :). Though someone scared me and said all her stretch marks showed up the week she gave birth. Apparently they can just pop up spontaneously right when you're about to give your belly a break.
Belly button in or out: Oh, so so an outie.
Wardrobe situation: Unless its made of spandex or offers a generous elastic waistline, its not happening. In fact, I seriously contemplated purchasing a pair of pajama jeans. But, I have a feeling Stacy and Clinton would not approve. Mairin, maybe this is our ticket to the $5,000 wardrobe!
Sleep: So very tired and sleep is nearly non-existent. Nature definitely has its way of preparing you for a baby.
Best moment this week: My first sort-of "Mother's Day" :):

Sweet card from my sister and soon-to-be auntie Kieran :)
Movement: Lots of big movements, punches and kicks...she's really fighting her way out of there.
Food cravings/aversions: Marinated flank steak with potatoes and sauteed spinach and onion. And mangos. And chocolate cake.
What I miss: Eating foods without worry. I have a feeling I won't be so careful with baby cao #2.
Mood: Still very tough without my husband. The distance has felt much further these past few weeks than ever before. I'm trying to remain in good spirits, and baby girl is a wonderful distraction.
What I'm looking forward to: Bringing the Cao family back together, with one very exciting addition :).

1 comment:

  1. Um...yes please! Buy those pajama jeans now!!! But, you're gonna have to continue to wear them after Natalie is born. Hahaha

    Can't wait to see you/meet Natalie/drink a beer and eat sushi with you! T-minus 35 days!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete