Thursday, May 31, 2012

36 Weeks

days left!!!
How far along? 36 weeks (only 28 days to go)!
How is she growing: So fast! She's 6.5 lbs! At least I hope, but girl could be eight five for all I know--maybe taking after her favorite Titans RB, Chris J.
Weight gain so far: 29 lbs! I weigh the same as joon. haha. hopefully not for much longer. 
Stretch marks? Nope. Yay! Hope it holds out for another few weeks.
Belly button in or out: At this point it's stretched so far that it doesn't even look like I have a belly button.
Wardrobe situation: Two more maternity pants into the storage bin. At this rate, by the time I reach delivery, I will be resorting to an over-sized moo moo (likely borrowed from the elderly Mrs. Johnson down the street).
Sleep: and a lot of it. However, in order for me to get in a decent (6-8 hour) rest, I have to go to bed around 7:30 or 8 at night to make up for the hourly bathroom visits and 2am contractions.
Best moment this week: Seeing my darling joon. Even though we argued incessantly the whole weekend because we're both so frustrated with being separated, it was still, hands down, the best part of my week. Miss you like crazy baby. Can't wait to be together again.
Movement: Still squirming around in there. I think she is starting to descend into my pelvis, as I've noticed my belly shifting down. Yay! Means she is getting ready for the big day we've all been waiting for :).
Food cravings/aversions: I LOVE summer fruit...maybe even more than mint chocolate chip ice cream and hot fud--wait wait, what am I saying?! That can't be true. Fruit over ice cream? Yeah, these hormones are totally screwing me up.
What I miss: My favorite foods. Oh I can't wait to dig into a yummy medium rare steak, a side of sushi, and a salad topped with blue cheese.
Mood: Happy. Sad. Mad. Happy. Frustrated. Anxious. Confused. Lonely. Happy. And that was just in the past hour.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our beautiful daughter! Only a couple more weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture...maybe baby will be 28 inches long? Just kidding! 29 lbs is nothing. You look beautiful as always!
    Love,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited, you're almost there! Soon you will have your baby girl in your arms and you will be able to eat anything with no restrictions, no guilt, no heartburn (I translated this, don't know if it's right), no saliva excess... At least that's how it was for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I'm excited to be there :). Thanks Cris! Te echo de menos!

    ReplyDelete